- View video clips, pictures, lesson outlines and other resources.
- Research original documents.
- See the Famine’s impact on Canada and the United States.
- Documents on the Famine and the times following the Famine in North America.
- Frameworks to examine the historical documents.
- Learning scaffolds for teachers.
- Historical, environmental, and citizenship issues.
The original Jeanie Johnston was a ship built in Quebec that made 14 voyages carrying thousands of Famine victims to North America, and never lost a soul to disease or the sea. The Jeanie Johnston Foundation, a non-profit organization, honours that achievement by promoting education and citizenship.
Click on “Teachers-Summaries-Credits” to view our sponsors and contributors, including the "Irish Emmigrant Program". Sponsors wishing to help expand this website are welcome.